Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Office Redo

I have started redoing our home (Lord, help me!) room by room. This month I started on Hubby's office. I didn't take a true "before" picture because I wasn't thinking about it, but this is how it looks at the moment. Forgive the crappy photos and the mess (it was much, much worse!).




We ordered new carpet and are waiting for it to be installed and in the bottom photo, you can see that I was playing around with the paint. I painted a swatch on the wall of the color Hubby choose and didn't like it so I played around with a couple of glazing techniques, but in the end, I started liking what he originally picked out. The desk in the bottom photo is staying. I picked it up at a moving sale last year to replace the monstrosity that you can somewhat see in the first and second pictures. Hubby had that poor desk for years before we met and it made 2 moves with us. When we moved into the house we have now, Hubby had to screw it together in key places in order for it to stay together. I finally decided that he deserved a new desk and was thankful when I found the "new to us" one.


That bookcase standing there in the corner, which is still holding the Harry Potter series and a few odds and ends, yes, that one, I kid you not, I took off 2 plastic containers worth of books and "stuff" and that doesn't include all the Consumer Reports magazines (2003-2008) and crap that ended up in the garbage (yes, the CR mags went into the garbage too). I'm not telling Hubby that I threw them away or anything else! I promise you he won't miss any of it!


I'm picking up the paint tomorrow and I'll start painting on Friday. I want to have it all painted BEFORE the new carpet is installed, that way I don't have to worry about getting paint on it.


I'll post more pics when it's painted and the carpet is installed. Pray for me!

2 comments:

Lisa McB said...

Good grief! I hate painting, although hubs and I are re-grouting our bathroom as I type! Make sure you show us some after pics!

Business Solutions Experts said...

You will do just fine with that project! You already did a good start by doing a paint job so go for it!